Saturday, July 23, 2011

OPINION: Your safe from phone hacking in New Zealand.

This post in response to: Phone hacking: Are you safe?

The New Zealand Herald recently posted a article claiming the some phones in New Zealand were hackable. This was in the sense that you could hear the voice mails of a some mobile phones just by using skype . For my generation where it is all about texting people don't even call much let alone leave voice mails. If I call someone and they don't pick up, I close the call and send them a text and/or an email. My friends do the same for me.


The last time I got a voice mail was ages ago and from my parents and that was a one off occasion. My entire close family don't use voice mail much if at all so if any of our phones were hacked for voice mail, they couldn't get anything anyway. Secondly we don't leave important information on voice mail when we do use it. It is usually a simple "Call me when you can." or "Can you get some milk on the way home?". Hacking our family wouldn't be very fun. We also all have pin numbers on our phones.


I know this article my completely outrageous to some of you because your family and friends might use voice mail but this is what I have grown up to.